Terms and Conditions
All RBA websites (hereinafter referred to as “the/this website”) and the services therein, are offered to you, the User, by RBA Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and/or related companies (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, “RBA” or “the Company”) subject to the following terms and conditions.
Privacy, Access to and use of information
- The website receives various types of information from Users who access the website, including Personal Information as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”), also as detailed in section 1 of ECTA and also in terms of section 1 of POPI.
- RBA voluntarily subscribes to the protection of Personal Information principles contained in ECTA, and complies with the requirements of POPI.
- The website may electronically collect, store and use Personal Information of the User, as provided by the User such as name, contact details and any other Personal Information provided by the User to the website through any online forms, polls, surveys, questionnaires or competitions as provided for on the website from time to time.
- Any correspondence between the User and the website will be retained for record purposes.
- In the event that the User applies for a seminar, registers or enrols via the website, Personal Information relating to the registration will be collected in order to process the User’s application, registration or enrolment.
- By using the website and/or submitting Personal Information, the User consents to:
- the collection, collation, processing, and use of its Personal Information which includes but is not limited to full name, physical address, cellular and/or telephone numbers, email address, age and gender;
- the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside South Africa;
- the disclosure of your Personal Information to entities that are related to RBA;
- that your Personal Information may be retained by RBA for an indefinite period, subject to your rights to have the Personal Information removed.
- Receiving promotional and/or marketing material and information in any form, which you can opt out of at any time.
- In the event that the User of the website is under the age of 18 years, consent must be provided by a parent or guardian before Personal Information may be provided by the User to the website. If we become aware that Personal Information relating to a minor has been collected without parental or guardian consent, such Personal Information will be removed from our database. Age verification checks may be performed when required.
Interception of communications
- Despite the best efforts of the website and of RBA, it is possible for internet-based communications to be intercepted:
- without the use of encryption, the internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured and as a result internet email is vulnerable to interception and forging; and
- RBA will not be responsible for any damages the User or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or disclosed Personal Information that you make to RBA through the internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorise RBA to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted Personal Information.
- To ensure acquaintance with and awareness of the privacy measures and policies of RBA, the User is urged to take care to read and understand the underlying privacy clauses incorporated in this Policy.
- Casual Surfing
- The User may visit the website without providing any Personal Information.
- The User accordingly grants express written permission for the website servers in such instances collecting the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing Personal Information (“non-identifiable information”).
- This type of non-identifiable information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages visited, etc, but will not be linked to you.
- RBA uses this non-identifiable information to determine the use of the website, and to improve content.
- RBA assumes no obligation to protect this type of non-identifiable information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use this type of non-identifiable information.
- Unsolicited Information
- If the User posts unsolicited content or other Personal Information to the website and does not indicate otherwise, the User grants to the owners a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such Personal Information throughout the world in any media.
- The User grants to RBA the right to use the name that the User submits in connection with such Personal Information, if they choose.
- The User warrants:
- that the User owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the Personal Information that the User posts;
- that the Personal Information is accurate;
- that by the supply of the Personal Information to RBA the User does not violate this Policy and does not infringe the rights of any person or entity; and
- that the User indemnifies RBA for all claims resulting from the receipt by RBA of the Personal Information the User supplies to it.
- RBA may monitor and edit or remove any Personal Information where posted to public pages. RBA takes no responsibility, and assumes no liability for any Personal Information posted by the User or any third party.
- Solicited Personal information the user gives to the website
- RBA requires certain Personal Information necessary to facilitate some of your interactions with the website and RBA. As a result of your interaction with RBA some of your Personal Information may be obtained and retained, which may include your gender, national origin, age, language, educational information, identity number, household income, email address, physical address and telephone number.
- RBA will only use your personal information as it becomes necessary for the purpose of providing you with relevant service, product, property and industry related information, and you hereby consent to RBA obtaining, processing, and retaining your personal information. Your information will be retained until you request RBA to delete any personal information which may be held by RBA.
- The User’s Personal Information will not be used for any further purpose other than providing you with the relevant service, product, property and industry related information and/or providing you with information relating to RBA.
- The User’s Personal Information may be used to build a profile of the user to form the basis for the User’s interaction with the Website.
- Promotional Information
RBA aspires to provide you with updated information about new services, products, seminars and relevant property and industry information. In each instance, the User is provided an opportunity to opt-out of such information circulars. For more information, please call RBA’s Call Centre, or send an email to email@example.com outlining your request.
- Business Transfers
- RBA may enter into business arrangements and its customer base is one of the more valued assets. In such an event, customer Personal Information will be one of the transferable assets.
- RBA will never sell your Personal Information outside of a business arrangement.
- Lawful Disclosure
When RBA is served with due legal process requiring the delivery of Personal Information, it has the legal duty to abide by that demand, and will do so. RBA may also impart Personal Information if permitted or required to do so by law.
- Surveys and statistical purposes
- RBA understands that efficiency and customer care translates to good service. RBA may periodically conduct online customer care surveys to enable the updating of our offering to you.
- When it conducts a survey, RBA must inform the User how the Personal Information gathered will be used, and provide the User with the opportunity to opt-out from such surveys.
- Despite terms to the contrary, RBA may chose to use Personal Information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may choose to trade with such profiles and statistical data, as long as the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to any specific data subject, including the User, by a third party.
- Storage and security
- Personal Information will be stored for as long as it is used and for a period of one year, together with a record of the Personal Information and the specific purposes it was collected for. Personal Information will be destroyed and deleted once it has become obsolete (out of date or unusable).
- RBA takes the safety, security and confidentiality of your Personal Information very seriously and will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent any loss of, damage to, unlawful access to or processing of your personal information.
- Your Rights
- You rights include asking us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or any other purposes. To inform us of whether or not you want to receive marketing or other communications, simply indicate your consent preferences when you provide us with your Personal Information or at any future time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also have the right to access Personal Information held about you by emailing us at email@example.com. We will send you the Personal Information held by us within the appropriate legal time limit.
- You rights also include the ability to request us to update your Personal Information that we have collected or stored to ensure accuracy and also to request that we delete any of your Personal Information we hold.
- Casual Surfing
*“User/s” means the person who chooses to insert their Personal Information on the website, which Information is to be distributed and the terms and conditions herein apply to the User, as the context indicates.
**“Personal Information” means any personal details which the User provides in any way through the use of this website, in any form whatsoever, which includes but is not limited to its names, postal and physical addresses, contact numbers, e-mail address and name of employer and any other type of Personal Information as defined in section 1 of ECTA and section 1 of POPI, each of which forms a separate data tag of information on the website.
All RBA websites (hereinafter referred to as “the/this website”) and the services therein, are offered to you, the User, by RBA (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “RBA”) subject to the following terms and conditions.
- By making use of this website and/or the services which we offer herein, the User hereby acknowledges that it has read, understood and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The User hereby expressly consents, by its use of the website and services herein, to the collection, use, processing, storage, transfer and sharing of its Information to the entities that are related to RBA.
Use of the website
- The User agrees that its use of this website is for lawful purposes only. The User agrees that it will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to the commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful material.
- The User agrees not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene.
- All RBA’s information may only be used for private and personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only, provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1978, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to meta-tag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your meta-tagging or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- The information we provide on this website is of a general nature only. We are not providing professional advice and you should obtain professional or specialist advice that is appropriate to your circumstances and we give no warranty and accept no liability should you use the information without obtaining independent advice.
- We give no warranty that the information is free from error or omission and you should use your own care and skill when accessing and using it.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owner of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Limitation of Liability
To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our website.
By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in South Africa and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Use of the information
- We shall only use the Information as provided for in these terms and conditions, and in terms of the website, and shall only release to the chosen entities that are related to RBA, certain types of Information provided by the User.
- We reserve the right, within our sole discretion and at any time, to amend these terms and conditions, which includes deleting any terms and conditions and adding any further terms and conditions.
- We shall endeavour to provide the User with a notice informing the User of such amendments, or drawing the User’s attention to the amended website terms and conditions. In the event that the User does not agree with the amended website terms and conditions it may terminate the services herein and inform us of its termination so that we may delete, dispose of or de-identify the User Information.
- The amended terms and conditions will immediately and automatically come into effect, subject to the above option to terminate.
- The amendments will be binding on the User and will immediately and automatically form part of these terms and conditions, subject to the above option to terminate.
The User hereby undertake to ensure to keep all Information updated and current and acknowledge and accept that all entities that are related to RBA, shall immediately have access to all such updated Information should they so require.
Accuracy of information
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of any Information which is found on this website, therefore the User should not assume that the Information on the website is always current or accurate, and other sources of this Information should be consulted before making any decision to act on the Information displayed on this website.
- The User hereby agrees to provide only accurate Information.
- The User will remain liable to any third party for the inaccurate Information furnished by the User and we, as the provider of the medium to display and make the information available, will not be held liable to any third party regarding the content of the User’s Information.
There are no fees charged to the User, who willingly makes use of the website and/or the services herein.
Availability of website and service
- The availability of this website and the service may become unavailable from time to time due to maintenance, electricity supply failure, network problems or for any other reason.
- RBA shall not be held liable for any interruptions in the availability of the website and the services, for any reason.
The user's privacy
- We acknowledge that the User has the right to privacy and privacy of the Information provided, and we respect this right.
The User hereby agrees to access and use this website entirely at its own risk.
Exclusion of liability
- The website and all content on the website is provided on an "as is" basis, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the accuracy of the contents on the website. We do not warrant that the functions and services provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the website or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
- RBA, including the owners, directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by the User, which arises directly or indirectly upon reliance of the website and/or its content.
- RBA, including the owners, directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by the User related to its use of, or its inability to access or use, the content or the website, the services, or any functionality of the website or of any linked website.
- The User hereby indemnifies us, and our owners, directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives, and keep us fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damages suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from the User’s use of this website and/or the services.
Intellectual property rights
- RBA is the owner of this website and the contents thereof and we retain all intellectual property rights thereto, whether registered or not, including all current and future content on the website, which is not owned by a third party, and nothing in this website should be construed as a right to use or licence of any of the intellectual property.
- The website and its contents, which includes all intellectual property therein, may not be reproduced, copied, used, sold or displayed in any manner whatsoever, without our express prior written consent thereto.
Links and linking
- We provide the User with links to other websites through this website. The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party and the reliance on any Information and content provided by the external link is entirely at the User’s own risk.
- We may at times, display third party advertising and promotional material on this website and the display of such material should not be construed as us endorsing or creating any relationship between us and that third party. Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at the User’s own risk.
- If a third party wishes to link to this website from their website, they must first obtain our express prior written approval and permission.
Termination and suspension
- We may, in our sole discretion decide to discontinue with the service provided in this website and may terminate the website itself, at any time whatsoever and the User shall have no recourse in any event of termination.
- We may, in our sole discretion decide to suspend the service provided in this website and website itself, at any time whatsoever, and the User shall have no recourse in any event of suspension.
The User herewith agrees to use this website and the services herein with the utmost good faith, integrity and trust.
This website is owned and operated within the Republic of South Africa. We, as well as the User, hereby agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Complaints and Disputes
Any complaints or disputes can be sent through to us via the “Contact Us” links on the website or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices as set out below within the Republic of South Africa.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force.
- These Terms constitutes the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this Website.
*“User/s” means the person who chooses to insert their personal Information on the website, which Information is to be distributed and the terms and conditions herein apply to the User, as the context indicates.
**“Information” means any personal details which the User provides in any way through the use of this website, in any form whatsoever, which includes but is not limited to its names, postal and physical addresses, contact numbers, e-mail address and name of employer and any other type of personal Information as defined in section 1 of ECTA and section 1 of POPI, each of which forms a separate data tag of Information on the website.